PAC-12: 2014 Rosters Heat Map
The PAC-12 2014 roster heat map breakdown. The hotter the color, the greater the number of guys on PAC-12 rosters come from that area. It’s no shock to see the LA area is the monster and all the major metro areas of the PAC-12 are hit hard.
- Unlike the other conferences, the PAC-12 teams reach way outside their conference area to find players, especially into Texas.
- Stanford and Oregon lead the conference and the nation with both having their average guy on their 2014 roster over 1,000 miles from home.
- Before McIntyre, the Buffs signed very few guys from their state. The focus on in-state guys and increased LOIs from Colorado show up in the numbers.
- Unlike most of the other Major conferences [P5], half of the PAC-12 teams had a lower metric per guy for their 2014 class versus the 2014 roster.
- USC, with a new coaching staff, pulled way back from their average recruiting distance and stayed much closer to home.
- The Utes went waaayyyyy outside their comfort zone and recruited guys, on average, nearly double the distance than the average on their 2014 roster.
There is also a breakdown of the 2014 classes and rosters in the CFB Matrix preview magazine apps by height, weight, distance from home on offense and defense.
VIDEO LINK: 2014 Major Conference Roster Recruiting Heat Map